Saturday, January 01, 2005

Bah Humbug!

Yah happy new year....What ever. So many people kept coming up to me last night and telling me that, I was getting to the point I just wanted to crack them in the jaw. I didn't of course but I sure wanted to. I have always just blocked out the fact that it is Christmas or New Years or Valentines Day or my birthday, (all of which I will be missing this year) and the constant reminders are just irritating. I am normally a festive person and love the holidays. They are a very special time of year for me as I look forward to seeing my Grandparents and much of the rest of my family over that time span and I just don't even want to think about it when I am not there.

Man this hurts! Not the holiday thing, I broke my finger playing football the other day and since I am a "home row" typer it is very painful everytime I hit a key with that finger and out of habit I can't stop! I know that I need to go to the doctor for it but have been avoiding it. Not that I am afraid they will hurt me more but because it is my darn ring finger on my left hand, and I have a horrible feeling they are going to want to cut my wedding ring off because of the swelling. It is pretty ugly, big and black and purple. It's straight though which is the other reason I haven't gone. I might just be able to ride this out since they should not have to re-set the bone. I don't want them to cut my ring as I believe with all of my heart that the circle is a beautiful representation of the bond of marriage as it never ends, and if you cut my ring off it would have two ends and that would break my heart, not to mention the fact that the design of my ring would make a perfect repair impossible, so I would be left with a flawed ring or a replacement and frankly I would almost rather lose my finger. Don't worry, I won't let it get that far.

I went to church yesterday for the first time since my return to the box. There were fourteen members there and the sign in sheet had over fifty names on it. I know it is difficult to attend sometimes out here as there is so much work to do and you don't always get the Sabbath off, but fourteen out of fifty? Kind of sad. I hope to be a big contributor here as I was last time, but I guess only time will tell. I still feel ignorant compared to most as I had been inactive soooooo long.

I hope everyone's New Year was a joyous one and safe at that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear ya made church bro! Hope all is going good for ya!


Oh and Happy New Year!! :p

Mike M.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Thor,

I am glad to see you are still doing well, despite the multiple rotations. I finished reading all your posts and they are very enlightening. Keep your head down, watch the gung ho gun bunny and keep in the church. You are in my prayers....

Wil (SFC Edwards)

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home