Thursday, January 13, 2005

Blocked!!!

Well it seems the Army is trying to stop my writing! Just kidding of course. They have how ever made it more difficult for me to do so. I have had to enlist my wife to help me get my words on the web. It seems that the camp that I am located on has blocked everything other than ".mil" web addresses. This could be for a number of reasons. Most likely it is because of some knuckleheads who have found a way around the system and have been abusing resources. Oh well it’s just a minor inconvenience I guess.
It is a major morale diminisher for the troops however. They now do not have access to Yahoo mail, ESPN.com, NFL.com or anything else on the web that is interesting in the least bit to browse, not that I think you need anything more than NFL.com anyway, but that’s only because my fantasy football season is over.
Hopefully they will come to their senses soon and start letting people back on the web. I was talking to a friend who is out here and I guess this is a regular ploy it will last a little while and then be back to the way it was a few days ago. We’ll see.
I should be getting close to moving into my own room! Just think no one sleeping above me, no listening to Moe snore one bunk over, no smell of fifty guys crowded into one area for an extended period of time. It almost makes me feel bad that I am the first one on our list to get a room… I did say almost. It will be a pain in the butt getting information to them though. I guess that’s just a sacrifice I’ll have to make for some privacy (sniffles).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did the kareoke go?????

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, can't you get around those domain restrictions by using the actual IP address instead of the 'word' address?

I mean, it depends on how they have it blocked......... but it seems that bypassing IP lookup would get around a *.com restriction.

You could also try specifying your own DNS settings in your configuration instead of using the one assigned through DHCP, which I'm sure your system uses.

If you want a bit more guidance in this, just say so..... *ANYTHING* can be worked around. Trust me.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home