Friday, February 11, 2005

Simple Pleasures

I am never one for traveling a lot when I am deployed. I like being near my stuff and my guys, and let's be frank the less you move around the less likely you will become a target for some one who wants to hurt you or worse. So when I found out I was going to have to leave my guys for several days to go somewhere for a planning conference I was less than thrilled, even though every one kept telling me I would love it where I was going. I thought I had been pretty much everywhere in this sand box and it was all pretty much the same, with slight variations of course.

When Big Wil and I landed I thought I was right. This place was just another wide open space with nothing more than dirt as far as the eye could see, and after several hours here there was nothing to change my opinion. Then I found it. THEY HAVE A CHILI'S HERE! and it sits right off the edge of a beautiful heated in the winter and chilled in the summer pool. They even have a hot tub here! Obviously my opinion has now changed. That Mushroom Swiss burger was the best Mushroom Swiss burger I have ever had! I may get a chance to go off post soon to go shopping downtown, and from what I have heard that is quite an experience too!

I am still looking forward to getting back to where I can make sure everything is straight with my guys and call my wife every day though, and yes post to this site on a regular basis.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a Grunt, I learned never to look a gift horse in the mouth...I'd kidnap him and take him with me.

Take back some goodies for your troops. Something that will keep and transport of course.

Oh..and double up on your PT when you get back.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

6:40 PM  
Blogger pacos_gal said...

If you Have to travel, then there might as well some really good benefits to it. Sounds like you found a place that might make the trip worthwhile.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You konw what? I enjoyed hearing about your daily life. I think that it's a good idea. I like hearing about army life from someone who does not necessarily abhor it. I did!

Dad
Norcal

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't heard from you in a while? You ok Sarge?

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's ok, just been very busy. He'll write again soon!!

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey bro hope all is well over there! Keep them boys in line eh? I check here every day when I get to the office just to see if you have any updates. I'll keep praying for you bro!

Mike M.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home