Friday, March 18, 2005

A Couple Days Off Can Work Wonders

I have had the last two days off, and man what a difference a day or two makes. I was almost at the point of pulling out all my hair and curling up in a corner and just going to sleep. Today I feel much better. I slept from around 10pm last night until about 2pm today and it felt great.

I got up, took a shower came in to check my email, and went to church. It was a very reinvigorating day. Now we'll just have to wait and see how I feel after tomorrow.

I hope to be able to post pictures soon. You can see what my storage bin looks like. I kid you not, I live in a converted container. It's nice to have my own space though so I'm not complaining.

There was a hole six people at church today. I guess the unit that had the biggest presence is gone. They were all in a finance unit in Utah. I am happy for them being back home.

I am and am not looking forward to going home. My unit in the rear often times leaves much to be desired, but to be with my family is worth any hardship. All of the little things that are going on with everyone in my family I wish I could be there for, good and bad. I will be soon and for as long as I can manage. There is a good chance that the Army will deploy me at least once more before my time is up but at least I am getting close.

Joyce and I are getting bills paid off, so that's a good thing and there isn't too much opportunity for me to rack up new ones out here. Though I do try. I'm sure if you could talk to Joyce about it I have been a spending machine. The things I do I do well or why bother, and I am good at buying toys.

Well I need to go to bed and get ready for the next wonderful day in this soldier's paradise.

2 Comments:

Blogger Papa Ray said...

Hey,

Glad your heads on straighter and your feeling better.

BTW, here is that accident you (didn't) have.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

9:56 PM  
Blogger pacos_gal said...

Glad you have been able to get some rest, have some time off and regroup.
Sending a whole bunch of good thoughts and well wishes your way. Hopefully you'll have a good week ahead of you.
take care

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home