Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Owww....Quit it!

For the last couple of days I have known that I have at least one hernia again. I get a burning sensation really low on my abdominal wall, and every so often I move just right and I get a really sharp stabbing pain that causes me to immediately discontinue what ever action I was doing. Like a knuckle head, I have not discontinued my Gym attendance. I have been making good progress and just don't want to stop. Got to be a looker for the wife when I get home you know. Besides, I am like 90 percent sure I had the injury before I began my gym workout any way so what is it really gonna hurt, right?

This morning I decided it was time to verify my injury, so I was off to the TMC (Troop Medical Clinic). When I got there I checked in and then sat in the waiting room for over an hour before my name was called. I had to sit there and watch person after person come and go. After nearly an hour and a half I walked up to the counter to see what was going on. The Triage nurse told me that they had my file and it should be any minute. Then a couple of minutes later some one came out and called my name. As I got up and walked over she told me that they had lost my slip and needed all of my information again. Now I got to have a seat for a while again. After about twenty more minutes I got called back and placed in a room, where my vitals were taken and then I was told that a doctor would be in to see me in a few more minutes.

After about fifteen minutes a doctor walked in and apologized for the wait and then took all of my information, to include my vitals... again. Now I am starting to get scared. These people lost my records twice in one visit and I hadn't even been seen yet.

The female Navy commander (O-5) that was attending to me was quite....Different and had a "great personality". She questioned me about my medical history and the hernia repair I had in Germany. After the small talk was over it was down to the nitty gritty. She actually said "Ok, stand up and drop 'em". I did and she began her exam. Poking and prodding. She found a hernia on both sides. As she painfully prodded me she asked "does this hurt?"...Ummmm YES! I have been poked and prodded in that area several times since my repair and it has always hurt.

Anyway, after she had finished her exam she confirmed what I was already pretty sure of. I have a double inguinal hernia. One for each side...Yes!!! What's more, if it wasn't hurting too bad before it sure is now. It is more uncomfortable now than it has been since the last time I had it checked out for pain. That's a different story all together.

The Commander then said "Ok, let's go up front and schedule your consultation." When I asked how soon that would be, she told me it wouldn't be before next Wednesday. That's not soon enough as I won't even be in this country anymore. So she told me to wait until I get where I am going. Even then I am almost at my return date so I will probably go when I get out of here, but I will put the surgery off until I am back in the good old U.S. so my loving wife can baby me. I know she will be looking forward to that. Sorry Dear.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember, you only get three days!!! Just kidding, Reid and I will be happy to baby you. Well at least I will, I think reid will be happy to jump on you though???

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MY GOD YOU ARE ONE SORRY EXAMPLE OF A SNCO. I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYONE WHINE SO MUCH ABOUT SUCH INCONSEQUENTIAL THINGS. I PITY THE TROOPS UNDER YOU. HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED ANOTHER LINE OF WORK? WHAT IS NEXT IN YOUR SOAP OPERA OF A SO-CALLED "LIFE"?

3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous is an idiot!! You should not insult people that you do not know. His soldiers are incredibly lucky to have someone like him. This a blog about a soldiers life while deployed, have you ever been deployed??? These are things that happen daily, ALL THINGS. Until you have been in one of these soldiers shoes, I don't think you have ANY right to insult them. I think you need to grow up, and if you don't enjoy reading this BLOG then DON'T READ IT.

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM DEPLOYED...THIRD TIME IN TWO YEARS...OH YEAH...AND BEYOND KUWAIT! HOW ABOUT NOT PAMPERING THIS SISSY AND ENCOURAGE HIM TO BECOME A MAN..OR AT LEAST TO ACT THE PART OF ONE...THEN MAYBE HE CAN WORK ON ACTING THE PART OF A SNCO

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are deployed than you should realize the things that go on and how hard it is. I am not encouraging him, I am supporting my HUSBAND!!!!! He is a wonderful husband, father, and solldier who is great with his soldiers. Again if you think so little of him and don't enjoy reading his BLOG, then don't read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was searching on hernia b'c I think my hubbie has one and I saw this. Who is this moron leaving the comments in ALL CAPS. I don't know what a SNCO is but I do know that a hernia can hurt like hell and I too would be concerned if the doctor's office lost my vital signs twice in one visit! And getting poked and prodded then patted on the head and sent of to suffer for a while. Ouch. Thanks for serving our country!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home